Boundary Change 2022
Boundaries will be changing for 2022-2023 school year
The board provided direction to administration earlier this summer to proceed with boundary changes, which would be implemented for the start of the 2022-2023 school year. The process will begin after October 1 enrollment numbers are available and a decision on boundaries is anticipated in December 2021.
A boundary committee - made up of parents, staff and community members representing all of our schools - will be meeting to consider options and develop recommendations for the school board to consider.
The school board is committed to creating an attendance boundary change plan that impacts the fewest number of students possible, while focusing on what is best for ALL students across the district.
Committee will meet several times in October
Nov. 8 & 9, 2021
School Board Action:
Dec. 9, 2021
Guiding Principles for Attendance Boundary Changes:
- Decisions will be based on the best interests of ALL district students.
- A boundary plan will be created that positions us for our current needs and minimize future changes.
- Feedback from various stakeholders will be gathered to provide insight (School Board, administrative team, staff, and community group).
- Provide for a safe and efficient transportation system within board policy and procedures.
- Provide for the efficient utilization of district facilities to enhance learning opportunities for all students.
- Balance enrollment at existing elementary schools.
- Balance enrollment to middle school philosophy in both buildings.
- Alternate and open enrollments will be sent back to their designated attendance area to start the process at the elementary and middle school levels (exception: GATE, Amigos Unidos and Special Education site-based programs).
- To the extent possible, keep the Feeder System to Middle Schools.
- To the extent possible, keep neighborhoods together (This does not mean that students will be sent to the school nearest their home, but rather that all students within a neighborhood be sent to the same school).