Boundary Change 2022
Boundaries will be changing for 2022-2023 school year
Elementary school attendance boundaries have been adjusted to help address growth and overcrowding in the southern portion of our district. Boundary changes will take effect for the start of the 2022-2023 school year.
- Next year’s 5th and 8th grade students will be allowed to stay in their current school so they can finish out their final year in that building.
- Any child displaced by a boundary change will have priority to apply back to their chosen school through alternate enrollment.
Students who have been displaced by boundary changes - and who apply for alternate enrollment by Jan. 15, 2022 - will have priority in the alternate enrollment process. We will honor as many of these requests as possible.
Boundary Changes for 2022-2023
On Dec. 9, the school board approved boundary change Option A. The changes will impact approximately 200 students at Lake Elmo Elementary who will be moving to either Brookview and Rutherford. It will also send about 180 open and alternately enrolled students from elementary schools across the back to their home schools.
- Move the southern part of 32B north from Lake Elmo to Brookview
[The southern border is Eastview Road and the northern border is Hudson Rd to the north - except for Karen Drive, Karen Way, Karen Lane and Karen Trail. This area is currently in development and will continue to be boundaried to Lake Elmo.]
- Move 29A, 29B, and 30 (north of Highway 5) from Lake Elmo to Rutherford
- Send open and alternately enrolled students to the school within their attendance area. (They can re-apply for alternate enrollment into their school of choice.)