Are You Sick?
COVID-19 Decision Tree for People in Schools, Youth, and Child Care Programs
Following the appropriate path if a child, student, or staff person is experiencing the following symptoms consistent with COVID-19:
- More common: fever greater than or equal to 100°F, new onset and/or worsening cough, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell.
- Less common: sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, chills, muscle pain, excessive fatigue, new onset of severe headache, new onset of nasal congestion or runny nose.
Families, students and staff are expected to self-screen at home before coming to school.
Anyone displaying any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home:
- New onset of cough
- Shortness of breath
- Fever of 100.0 degrees or higher
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Gastrointestinal symptoms of diarrhea, vomiting, or nausea
Students exhibiting these symptoms during the school day will be assessed and will likely be sent home.