Safe Learning Plan for the 2021-2022 school year
We're looking forward to students and staff returning for another great year of learning! We will continue to follow all COVID-19 related guidelines and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to create safe and healthy learning spaces for kids this fall.
Update 7/28/2021The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has released Best Practices for COVID-19 Prevention in Schools, which follows the recommendations of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These best practice recommendations reflect the current state of the pandemic as well as the importance of in-person learning and are subject to change.
Here is a summary of what we know at this time:
- Universal indoor masking is recommended for all people in the school setting (ages 2 years and older), including teachers, staff, students, and visitors to schools, regardless of vaccination status.
- In general, individuals do not need to wear a mask outdoors. However, in areas of high transmission, it’s recommended that people who aren’t fully vaccinated wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings or during activities with sustained close contact with others who are not fully vaccinated.
- Masks are required for all individuals on school buses.
- Schools are no longer required to quarantine students who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 must stay home for 10 days.
- Families should notify the school of all confirmed cases of COVID-19. The district is required to report all confirmed cases of COVID-19 to MDH.
- Families will be notified of positive cases within the classroom/program and/or school community.
COMMENTS ON OUR SAFE LEARNING PLAN? SEND THEM TO COMMENTS@STILLWATERSCHOOLS.ORG