Learn how your students' academic performance will be measured.
Standards-based reporting is an approach in which our students’ academic performance is measured relative to the grade level standards. Standards specify what all students should know and be able to do, as well as the level at which they need to know it.
- Elementary students will be scored based on the level at which they demonstrate proficiency of the standard, rather than how he/she performed in comparison to other students.
- The focus is on evidence of learning, not on compliance or the accumulation of points.
- makes students more aware of what is expected of them. Students will better understand their current academic progress in relation to where they need to be by the end of the year.
- allows teachers to provide families with a more thorough explanation of what skills and concepts are needed in order for students to show proficiency of the standard.
- enables teachers to better understand a student’s current level of performance on a standard and how to best support the next instructional steps in the learning progression.
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5