- High School
Learn what you should be doing in tenth grade to help prepare for life after high school.
Explore the possibilities
High school students often have questions like: What do I want to be? Should I go to college? What career should I choose? How do I save money on my education? What education provides the best options? Pathways help answer these questions by providing you with information, resources, and conversations to build confidence in their post-secondary choices.
- Talk to your family about what you might want to do after high school
- Take the Pre-ACT test
- Ask adults you know about their careers and the paths they took to get there
- Review your YouScience profile to find suggested careers that match your interests and aptitudes, and complete the Career Cluster Inventory in the Minnesota Career Information System (MCIS)
- Learn more about careers that interest you by signing up for tours or guest speakers, and completing job shadow experiences
- Get a summer job related to your career interests
- Learn about the academic and skills requirements for careers of interest
- Explore post-secondary costs, scholarships and financial aid
- Grade 10