Expanding Oak-Land Middle
Oak-Land Middle School's enrollment is projected to grow by about 300 students in the next decade, thanks in large part to construction of new homes within the City of Lake Elmo.
A successful bond would provide funds to add additional classrooms to accommodate the growth. It would also fund construction of a new gymnasium and remodeling of the existing gymnasium to create a new media center and commons area for students.
An expanded Oak-Land would:
- Increase the building's capacity
- Add gym space to provide adequate teaching spaces for physical education, as well as extracurricular activities and community use
- Improve the building’s core functionality:
- Better circulation with larger hallways
- Appropriately-sized media center
- Common space in center of building
- Proximity of programs in areas of the building