We want to tell your story!
There are many wonderful stories happening in our classrooms every day — stories we want to share with the greater community. But too many go by without anyone knowing they ever happened. We want to change that!
So, what makes a good story?
- Specific school, department/grade or classroom activities that differ from a “regular” school day. Are your students doing a hands-on project? Are they working in groups? Are they using technology? Is there participation from parents, community members or guest speakers?
- Use of new equipment or technology designed to enhance student learning
- Specialized training for teachers or students (conferences, workshops, etc.)
- Human interest stories involving students, staff and/or family members
- Has one of your students overcome an obstacle to find success? Has a special teacher made a real difference in the life of your child? Did a staff member go out of his/her way to give our students a better educational experience? Is your class or club collaborating to support a worthy cause?
- Outstanding student or staff achievement/recognition
- Creating a new academic or extracurricular program
- Events that benefit or are of interest to the community
When in doubt tell us anyway by completing the form below. Please provide as much information as possible; if we need more details, someone from the communications office will contact you. Some stories will be shared with local media outlets (print, radio and TV), as well as published on our district website and/or shared through other district channels (Facebook, Twitter, School News Notifier). Exceptional story ideas will be considered for video features and district and/or school newsletters.
Who: (First and last names of the people involved (students, staff, notable guests); for entire classes or grades, “Mrs. Smith’s class” or “the 5th grade” will suffice)
What: (Describe your story with specific details)
Why: (How did this come about)
Where: (For upcoming events; please provide exact location, including school and room number)
When: (For upcoming events; please include date and start/end times)
Photo and/or Video: (Please submit only a clear (non-blurry) photo and/or video clip. Original files only; please do NOT embed photos or videos in Word or other documents.) (10 MB Max) Make sure you have permission to share the image from the people in the photos as well as the photographer.