Alternate School Attendance Application
Applications will be accepted beginning October 1 to January 15
Stillwater Area Public Schools District 834 allows students to attend a school other than the one serving their attendance area under the following conditions:
- An application must be submitted to the Enrollment Office. The approval of each request will depend upon adequate space at the requested elementary or middle school, as well as economical and educationally sound staffing arrangements.
- District transportation may be utilized as long as the district incurs no additional cost.
- Transportation will establish district bus routes for all students attending schools within their attendance areas. Transportation will establish bus loads and routing in a manner that is most cost-effective for the District.
- Requests for District transportation for alternate school students will be approved if:
- There is room on the bus.
- Rerouting is not necessary.
- The arrangements will enable the student to arrive and leave school on time.
- Additional stops necessary to pick up or drop off alternate students will not cause the bus to be late to its next destination.
- Alternate students who attempt to ride district buses without permission will lose the alternate school privilege.
- Only under extraordinary circumstances will new requests or change of alternate requests be considered after August 1.
Parents will be notified by February 15 regarding whether the student(s) are approved or not approved.