Getting started with your hotspot
In this guide, you will be able to:
- Set up your Franklin T9 hotspot (insert sim & install battery)
- Manage and access the T9 Mobile Hotspot home page (quickly access all menu options for your T9).
- How to change the SSID and/or Password (if needed)
- How to add/change APN settings
Step 1: Insert the T-Mobile Nano SIM Card
Your SIM (subscriber identity module) card is a small rectangular plastic card that stores important information about your wireless service. if not already inserted, follow the instructions to install your LTE Nano SIM Card.
- Remove the back cover of your device and take the battery out.
- Lift the "LIFT" tab and slide your Nano SIM card in the SIM card slot with Wireless Carrier logo facing up. After installation, secure the "LIFT" tab back into place.
- Properly install the battery and put the back cover on.
Step 2: Access the T9 Mobile Hotspot Home Page
It is recommended to use the latest versions of Internet browsers. Outdated versions may not be compatible with the T9 Web Admin User Interface.
- Connect your Wi-Fi capable device to the T9.
- Open a web browser on your connected device and open your home page by entering either http://mobile.hopspot or http://192.168.0.1
- Enter the password (default is "admin") and click "Login". If you entered the correct password, the Web User Interface screen appears.
- The T9 Mobile Hotspot home page allows you to quickly access all menu options for your T9.
Step 3: Change the SSID (network name) and Password
The default password is “admin” the current device version will force you to change that password.
- Choose the Settings tab: settings
- Under the WI-FI option choose Basic
- Default is set to off on SSID/Multi SSID
- Change Wi-Fi Name and password if needed
- Max connections defaults to 8 (change if requested)
- Display Wi-Fi name and password- defaults to “on”.
- If you do not want to display the SSID and Password, please change to “off”
- SSID Stealth: if ON is selected, the Wi-Fi name won’t be found by other devices around it. You need to manually enter the Wi-Fi name and connect
Step 4: Change your APN Setting
- Found under Settings > Mobile Network > APN
- Click add to access the following page.
- Add these 3 APNs
- Name = profile1, APN = fast.t-mobile.com, Auth = None, PDP Type = IPv4v6
- Name = profile2, APN = B2B.tmobile.com, Auth = None, PDP Type = IPv4v6
- Name = profile3, APN = b2b.static, Auth = None, PDP Type = IPv4v6
- Save changes.
Online Family Tech Support
Family Help Desk