Assistance when using a school issued hotspot for internet access
Here are some important things to be aware of when using your hotspot.
- Think of your hotspot like a cell phone with a data plan. You have 2 gigs of data assigned per month that allow for high speed internet access.
- Once you have used up the 2 gigs of high speed internet data, your hotspot will then throttle back to a significantly lower speed.
- Using your hotspot to view video content or to stream music, movies or other entertainment applications will use the 2 gigs of high speed data very fast. The purpose of this hotspot is to be used singularly for educational purposes.
- At the lower data speed, you will be able to continue your online learning as email, Schoology, Skyward or other online related applications will still work - albeit slower.
- If you find that at the slower data speed you are having trouble completing your online work, please contact the specific teacher and make them aware of the limitations. Teachers will be asked to adjust their approaches to best meet your needs.
Example: If at the lower speed Google Meets do not work - the Teacher can exempt you from using that application until your 2 gigs of service renews, or offer an alternative opportunity for interaction or work completion.
- At the end of your data cycle (monthly) your hotspot will renew with 2 gigs of high speed data.
- The school district is tracking data usage on each hotspot to assess our data limits to ensure that we have enough data for each student hotspot to fulfill educational needs.
- To check your data usage and connect review the following steps:
- Hold down the power button until you see the “Welcome” screen
- You will then see the T-Mobile Screen with signal strength etc.
- Press the power button again for the menu
- Your data usage will then come up. It will show you how much data out of the 2 gigs allotted you have used up and it will show you the date at which time it will renew with a new 2 gigs of high speed internet data.
- If you press the power button again in the menu mode it will show you the wifi name of the device. This is the wifi signal that you will want to connect your device to
- If you press the power button again (3rd time) it will show you the password for the wifi network that you will use when connecting your device
If you feel that you are having issues outside of the assistance supplied here, please contact your school’s secretary and they will connect you with a technology professional that can help assess the situation.
Download the Parent Quick Access Guide
What can we help you find?
Contact a live person for help with any technology needed to support at home learning.
Here are some important things to be aware of when using your school issued hotspot.
If you are running into issues while using Google Meet, you may want to change your video settings.
How to find a student Google email address and ID.
Check out this step-by-step guide to learn how to set up your Internet hotspot.
How to join a Zoom meeting
Let us help you get started on Schoology.
How to use Single Sign-On for Google.
Here is a list of local Internet Service Providers (ISP) with links to their main website, as well as their low-cost services that families must qualify for
Resources for a safe online learning experience.
How to log in from a home computer to Clever and Seesaw. (These instructions are not for mobile devices.)
Follow this Seesaw routine to help ensure you don't miss anything.
Let us help you with scheduling or joining a Google meet in different ways.
Where to purchase your own device.
When you use a browser it saves some information from websites. Clearing it out fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
How to sign up for conferences in Skyward.
Here are some tips and tricks to help make sure you are getting the most out of your hotspot and that the internet connection is strong on your student device.
Troubles logging into Clever? Try Logging into Seesaw directly instead.
How Students Log In To A District ChromeBook to Access Clever & Seesaw