Using District Chromebooks at Home
Power up and connect to WiFi
- The Chromebook may be out of battery, make sure it is plugged into an outlet.
- Open the lid and press the power button in the upper right of the keyboard.
- Once the computer has powered on, connect to your home internet (WiFi) connection. Once the computer has completely loaded, click on the WiFi button in the lower right, select your network’s name (if you are unsure, contact your internet provider) and enter the password (if there is one).
The Chromebook computer should automatically connect in the future.
There are two methods to log into student Chromebooks. We want the students to work as independently as possible, so please work with your child to determine the method that will work best for your family.
Using Clever Badge
- Sign in using a Clever badge (QR code).
- Click NEXT and hold the Clever badge up to the camera (facing the computer screen).
Using Google Login:
- Sign in using your student’s Google Login: (Use when Clever badge is unavailable).
- Click Sign in with a different account and type in your student’s email user name, then click NEXT.
(student email address follows this naming convention: first 5 letters of last name, first 3 letters of first name, followed by 3 numbers).
Then type in the password (the student’s 6 digit student ID), then click NEXT.
NOTE: Directions for finding your student’s email address and student ID can be found on the homepage of your school’s website.
Both login methods will bring your student directly to the Clever Portal landing page.
Your child can click on the Seesaw Icon to access their Seesaw class.
Download the Parent Quick Access Guide
What can we help you find?
Contact a live person for help with any technology needed to support at home learning.
Here are some important things to be aware of when using your school issued hotspot.
If you are running into issues while using Google Meet, you may want to change your video settings.
How to find a student Google email address and ID.
Check out this step-by-step guide to learn how to set up your Internet hotspot.
How to join a Zoom meeting
Let us help you get started on Schoology.
How to use Single Sign-On for Google.
Here is a list of local Internet Service Providers (ISP) with links to their main website, as well as their low-cost services that families must qualify for
Resources for a safe online learning experience.
How to log in from a home computer to Clever and Seesaw. (These instructions are not for mobile devices.)
Follow this Seesaw routine to help ensure you don't miss anything.
Let us help you with scheduling or joining a Google meet in different ways.
Where to purchase your own device.
When you use a browser it saves some information from websites. Clearing it out fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
How to sign up for conferences in Skyward.
Here are some tips and tricks to help make sure you are getting the most out of your hotspot and that the internet connection is strong on your student device.
Troubles logging into Clever? Try Logging into Seesaw directly instead.
How Students Log In To A District ChromeBook to Access Clever & Seesaw