Bus stop changes can affect each child at a stop – therefore it is important that all students are considered before making a change. Changes to stops will be considered after a review of the following:
- Changes related to safety or medical issues will take precedence.
- An effort will be made to place bus stops at corners to provide the best view of traffic.
- Students living on cul-de-sacs will have stops assigned at the nearest main intersection.
- Students generally are not expected to walk more than 1/2 mile to a bus stop.
- Not more than one bus stop will be designated per city block.
- A bus driving by does not warrant a bus stop change.
- Visibility from home to the bus stop does not warrant a bus stop change.
- Availability of sidewalks does not warrant a bus stop change.
Fill out this request if your stop change meets all the above criteria.